An air filter system’s primary function is to help keep your air compressor operating at maximum efficiency. However, this accessory item sometimes gets overlooked when placing a rental order. Don’t do that. An air filter system can be crucial to keeping your air compressor from clogging from foreign items and a dryer system will keep air lines from collecting moisture or freezing. How do they work? Glad you asked.
How it Works:
- Compressed air containing tiny particles of dirt, dust, oil, and moisture enters the first stage the Extractor/Dryer.
- A coalescing effect occurs as air passes through a cartridge mesh filter that captures particles and causes moisture to form larger droplets.
- Air velocity lessens as it enters the extraction chamber allowing particles to collect and moisture to condense on the honeycomb.
- Particle laden water flows along the bottom and out the drain.
- Air passes through the second stage wire supported fiber filter cartridge that captures remaining particles down to 5 micron.
- Remaining moisture and contaminates are dried and filtered in the second stage filter.
- Exhaust air is clean and dry – no dirt, rust, oil, or water droplets to disrupt air equipment operation.
LGH also provides for rental:
- Dryer Systems
- Air Filters
- Receiving Tanks
- Air Manifolds
- Dirt Stoppers
- Air Hoses
"Airline filter, 1/2', 80 scfm, La-Man Extractor/Dryer." http://clemtex.com, Clemtex, clemtex.com/products/la-man-lm110-12-extractor-80-scfm.